Saturday, September 11, 2021

Violet Tendencies by Jaye Wells

I don't normally read short stories but I was told by my friend Karen that this was a must before diving into book three of the series, so I was like OK. And at first I was kind of into it, because who doesn't like a random segue where a missionary/assassin goes into a supernatural strip club, only to have things go bottoms-up when a Vanity demon just can't help herself and gets on the stage like she's enacting a one-woman rehashing of Showgirls?


I was going to give this three stars, but it feels a lot like filler that could have been crammed into one of the main books. Plus, only 75% of this ebook was actual book. The other 25% was ad-space for one of the author's other books. Like, if you're going to charge me 99 cents for something that isn't even book length, is it too much to ask that it all be actual content? I don't think so. I'm deducting a star from Gryffindor for (un)intentional deception.

This was entertaining but I wouldn't recommend it. All you need to know is that you can never trust a demon. But hopefully you knew that already.

2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.